Friday, January 26, 2007

Verna Mae - Thinking of my little aunt






Those of you who know me well, also know I am devoted to my dear friend, aunt, mentor, and confidante Verna Mae. Most of you have never seen her. You will see why I always refer to her as my little aunt. Here are some photos of her.VM with my mother on lawn, VM as young woman, VM last fall grocery shopping, VM with her friend Cindy who came to show her the new puppy.  I have been with her this last week, and often the last few months.

 Today VM is moving into an assisted living facility where she will have a small apt. and all the care that she needs at this time of her life. She is a fearless little lady! A new adventure at the age of 91. Those of us who love her are glad she was able to make this decision with a sound mind - it's only the body that's failing her.

No comments: