Monday, November 19, 2007

Favorite shopping and browsing



Here are pictures of a favorite place to wander around and browse on Soquel Avenue, South of Santa Cruz. The name of the place is Wisteria, and it is very hard to find. Someone in Stockton told me it was in Capitola near Gail's Bakery. So, the very first chance I had, I headed for Capitola and directly to Gail's. No one knew about Wisteria, so I went to the gallery there and then to several other places, and kept asking. No success! I was heartbroken. So, I headed over to Soquel Avenue on the way back to La Selva, and stumbled across the little sign and turned into the driveway. Well, it was worth the wait. And to my surprise, an old friend is the manager there. (Hi Carolyn!) This was a few years ago, and it is a regular stopping spot when I'm on the coast. I usually buy a few little plants or other things, as it is also a nursery. Lots of nice paths to wander through and you just never know what will be around the next corner. These photos are of my favorite spots. It is not decorated for Christmas yet, so I may have to go back again.

No comments: