Sunday, January 3, 2010

Its a New Year.


Today is cleaning day, the last day of the winter break. Tomorrow I'll be returning to the Senior Center painting and the rest of the week is filled with other fun things. But, today is a work day.
I've spent the last few days updating my computer - all so I can use the new Ipod Nano my brother gave me for Christmas. I thought I'd just plug it in, do a few quick things online and be up and running - but between doing other things it took me two days of updating this, updating that, downloading the other - etc. The good news is, it is working - working great! How much fun it will be to have such a large memory full of podcasts and my favorite music. My favorite podcasts are from NPR, "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me". Nothing like some humor mixed in with my old musicals. My Nano included a $50 certificate from Itunes, so I've been shopping too. The music scores from Awakenings and from Edward Scissorhands are wonderful. I'm a huge Danny Elfman fan, so picked some of my favorite things he has written. I also have my friend Dan'l's albums on my Ipod so I can hear him wherever I happen to be. click on the link and you can hear him too.

No comments: