Saturday, October 20, 2012

What's new?

Lots of new things going  on, just like everyone.     I had a birthday!    Another one.     Lots of calls and cards.    And a beautiful new fountain in the back garden.     And a visit from one son from out of state.   And I had a cold for a week.     And now I'm busy working on the new brochure for the Art Center, and getting ready to help young students with an art project on  Tuesday.  But first a trip to a quilt show tomorrow.       Another really fun thing was a nice visit with my grade into high school friend Pat.   We don't live that far apart, but having a free day at the same time makes our meetings few and far between.     Here's a pic taken this week.     How come I"m always the only one with grey/silver hair?     LOL    I'm actually proud of it.   It's a family thing.     We don't paint our toe nails either!     My sons all have a lot of grey showing now.   It's in our gene pool.  



It was so wonderful to see Doug again.  we have not seen each other for several years, since I stopped driving over the mountains to the desert -  and someone from his family has to be home with their dogs.   Otherwise the coyotes get to them, or visa versa.      He's going to be back again in a couple weeks.  I'm already excited about it.      Here's a picture of us.   Think I'll bake his favorite cookies.   The pic of the little boy is Doug at the age of 4 with his fav toy, a mouse named Norman.  His favorite book was Norman the Doorman.  



Matt and Christina went on a Bay Dinner Cruise last evening and I had some repairs to make on his overcoat.     They both looked so wonderful.     It's nice they could get a date nite out, and I don't have to baby sit anymore, although I offered.   The kids just laughed.     Okay, so the youngest is 16 and driving, and the oldest is 20.   But, I could still sit with them, right?   LOL   I used to take in games and puzzles.   We  had many fun times.    

No comments: