Monday, November 18, 2013

Fall flowers

Fall leaf color has just passed it's peak time in the CentralValley.    It's a cold, sort of gloomy day outside.   Feels like rain is on the way.       I picked some of the Mexican sage which is in full bloom right now.   You can just see it through the birch leaves down below in my garden. 

    The blooms are nearly 7 feet high at the back of the plants.   The front is spilling out over the walkway, so I trimmed it back and brought some inside.    Outside they can hold their color until the first of the year unless we have a hard frost, or heavy rains to knock them down.      Aren't they pretty?

Right now on my deck I have mostly herbs and greenery.      Still pretty, still delights me each time I see it.   The fountain is solar, so it trickles away whenever there is sunlight.       



No comments: