Sunday, March 4, 2018

Valentines

Instead of making paper valentines this year I got out my sewing machine and on rainy days I sat and sewed little hearts out of various Fabrics that I had.    When guests and visitors came they could select one out of this little basket. Oddly enough the blue ones were the first ones to be selected so I think maybe next year I should make more blue hearts. 
The deep red ones were made out of a boiled wool vest that my best friend Cat had given me to cut up for an art project. It had black embroidery on it, and by careful cutting I could use the embroidery on the fronts and also the black covered buttons that were attached I was able to leave as part of the design.    They were my personal favorites, but visitors liked the duponi silks and velvets best.   

No comments: