Wednesday, July 3, 2019

A chorus of carrots

Ok. I admit this is an odd subject, but in my defense, and only artists will get it, I had some really pretty orange papers in my collage pile.  It was an aha moment.  When I tossed them on this painting the colors sang to me.   So i tore the papers into carrot shapes and lined them up.   In my stash of hand carved stamps which I created a few years ago, i had a set of faces. By stamping on orange scraps and gluing them down, it created the chorus.


I had such fun making this piece and enjoying the colors, i may just do a follow up some time.  But for now. It can stand on its own.

The photo of carrots is from a magazine. I had planned to use it in a collage someday but certainly did not have this in mind at the time.

By the way this is painted over the unicorn painting.  See ? Hes still there lower left side.

I've had some interesting feedback as this progressed. Two people think I should put arms on them and connect them like a chorus line.  One thinks they need two legs.    So they can be in dance poses.    Lol.  Maybe the next one.  Right now it feels finished.   I hope you enjoy it.  It's going to live in my laundry room.

No comments: