Friday, February 16, 2007

Thursday - inkjet transfers with just water


Yesterday during class at Delta, I tried to demonstrate a technique to transfer an image with water. I forgot to use the right kind of paper to print the image, so I just had a plain paper injet image with me. Well, what the heck? Try it. I took the paper I was going to transfer the image to and ran it under the tap then laid it out flat on the counter. Then I took the inkjet print and laid it face down on the dampened blank page. It took awhile, but finally a faint image began to transfer. I dampened the back of the injet image and left it for awhile - probably 10 or 15 minutes. When I went back to it, there was the image transferred over. Some of the color was fugitive - it separated. Green didn't transfer. Here is the image and the transfer.

No comments: