Saturday, March 24, 2007

White grid in background


Other artists have been so interested in the web spray paint, I'm glad to help bring it back to the art scene. Some people asked what I used for the white grid on the background. I had a plastic "thing" - I think it originally came with fabric trim wound around it. I use it to spray through usually, but this time I wanted a grid look without covering the background. I painted gesso on it with a sponge brush. Then to make the impression I covered the plastic "thing" with deli wrap, and rolled over it with a brayer on top of the background paint. I had to really push hard because the paper is stiff.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I love your blog. Thanks for the webbing spray pointer. I would love to find something to do the grid look you got ....
LOve your stuff,
valerie