Monday, July 2, 2007

Kris's scraps go into fabric book





My sister-in-law/friend Kris tossed me her scrap basket one day and said "take anything you want". It was like Christmas! She is an avid and very productive quilter, so uses lots of fabulous fabrics - and her scraps are to die for. This is a fabric book made of some of the scraps from her stash. The goat applique is one she had done but not used. I thought it was charming.
I'm constructing a little pocket between the layers just behind the goat's butt. In it will be a tag with the quote "But at my back I always hear, Time's winged chariot hurrying near. And yonder before us lie, Deserts of vast eternity." by Andrew Marvell.

I think it will impart a little humor at the sight of the little goat (and the snakes) trying to outrun Time's Winged Chariot - and don't we all?

I hope you like it.

No comments: