Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Rats - again!


Last year in early Sept. a rat moved into and perished from the heat in my studio while I was away. Now, my dogs have alerted me that there are critters under the studio. Since I saw a dead rat on the neighbor's lawn when I drove in - I'm assuming that's what is there! It must be a seasonal thing. But what to do about it? The cat died last year, and as much as the dogs would like to crawl under the studio and attack the intruders - I hate to think of it and don't want them exposed to any ratty type diseases. But, we have to act fast. They ate the tomatos last night. Maybe it's something bigger - like a possum. Most of the tomatos were gone this a.m - with only two still on the vine but much of them were chewed away. Rat traps? sprays? I don't really know what we'll do yet, but it needs to be done today!!!! Before there are babies or whole families moving in. Yuch!

No comments: