Monday, April 12, 2010

New works

These are new works. The bird one was started at the Senior Center and finished off at home. The Man of Sorrow was done awhile back, and I was never satisfied with it, so I dug it out yesterday, added the turquise color, punched up the reds, and added the little bird. Then I scratched in the word Sorrow on the darkest man. What does it all mean? I leave that to the beholder. A clue, however is that there is a poem there that reads in part:
"He touched her hand and the fever left her. We need His touch on our fevered hands! The cool, still touch of the Man of Sorrows, who knows us and loves us and understands." I don't remember the author, I tore it out of a book of quotations.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope I get to see these in person soon...they are wonderful!!!

Pat said...

Omigosh, Janene.....you are so good! The bird one is my fave!