Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring in my garden





I love Springtime. I love planting and digging and pruning. Here are some pics of hidden treasures in my little garden. Let me tell you what inspired my garden. When we were kids, my brother and I were trick or treating on a street we were not familiar with. Some other kids threatened us and we ran and hid behind a house at the end of the street. Scared as I was, it made an indelible impression on me. It had gravel paths and trees and it was like a wonderland to me. Decades later, I looked at it again and it had the same effect. So, I decided someday I'd have a garden with no lawn, but instead gravel paths between flower beds. I wanted to create little vignettes and surprises scattered around. My garden is very small, but it is chock full of flowers and wonderful greenery. Since I gave up o n assemblage as an art form, I put some of the treasures I'd planned to use in assemblage into the garden. I'll take pics of them one day. For now, this is for you to enjoy. My friend Jean was here the other day for a first visit, and she said now she understands my art so much better. This is a mixed media garden.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Janene, thanks for the walk in your lovely spring garden! I came across some photos I had from our spring garden party, and I wandered through and snapped some beautiful photos of this small but gorgeous garden of yours. Mine is lacking this year, so thank you for sharing your piece of earth with me this spring :-)

Pat said...

Janene, I hadn't been to your blog for too long, but was enchanted when I did finally make it. So lovely!
The little things tucked in among the flowers are perfect! I'm a lazy gardener but yours gives me hope that I might get "un-lazy"! Wonderland!