Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Publish or not?



Not. To publish, you need to send your piece away for an unspecified length of time. You have to trust it to the mail system and handlding by people you don't know. You don't get paid. You don't have your piece to show. You may get 5 minutes of fame - but how does that compare with showing it to friends and interested people, and letting them handle it? If someone wants to publish something I've created, they can come to me. I'm happy to share them here with nice people like you. Here are newer pics. Janene

2 comments:

sannasartmind said...

Janene. I love this piece! So coolio you do recyled artwork ,and well I might add! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog . I took your advice and rewrote a fewlines, so hopefully it makes more sense now. I want to do more of these types of work and appreciate your comment. Sanna

A tired retired recluse @ Swallowcliffs.blogspot.com/ said...

My exact feelings on this. I find the hype about being published is overboard. Your artwork is great. Love the post on the buttons.. I too played with Mom's buttons, and so did my kids and now I have them in a giant clear class bottle.. I like the idea of sorted in smaller jars!