Thursday, May 26, 2011

Old photos



I set up a web site for my high school graduation class of 1956 last spring , in order that we can keep in contact online and to have a place to share pictures. One of the members put up our entire year book, plus lots of other photos and images he has collected. Another member submitted a batch of photos, some were taken at our senior prom parties, one at my house. Here is a picture he had of my boyfriend and me. wow! Look at my orchid! I never had this picture before and I'm so glad to see it again. You should see all the girl's dresses. They were awesome, and everyone looked like a movie star. The boys look so young, and so cute. The 50's were not a bad time to come of age.

We have now reached a time in our lives when we have watched our own children reach this age, and some of us have grandchildren this age now - or even older. Many have great grandchildren already.

I have a cold today so am home, and spurred on by some emails from classmates, I decided to go back and look at the photos online. They bring back good memories. Memories of young love, of long phone calls, of homework, suede shoes and full skirts. I still think they are flattering and prefer them to the clingy, shorter than short skirts I see around town. What do you think?

2 comments:

Rachel Murphree said...

Janene, what a sweet picture! looks like a simpler, less complicated time, but is that just nostalgia talking? anyway, you look lovely in that dress!

Rachel Murphree said...

Janene, what a sweet picture! it does look like that time was less complicated, more simple, but is that just nostalgia? anyway, you look lovely in that dress! Rachel