Friday, December 14, 2007

Ornaments


I've been wanting to make ornaments for my sister-in-law's tree for years. Probably over a decade. My idea was to use photos of all of us as children, as Christmas is really for children. I was only going to do cutouts and mount them, but at the last moment I found this beautiful paper at Joanne's, made by K&CoMPANY. I just had to have a reason to use them, so these two samples are almost done. They will hang from glittery silver chenille stems inserted through eyelets in top corners. You get the idea. One photo is of two nephews and a niece, the other is my brother and myself. I'll post others later on. I'm still cutting and gluing.

If you know me at all you know I'm not a glittery kinda gal. But, it's Christmas and everything seems to just call out for glitter this year. I've been in the shops and stores, and it finally just rubbed off on me.

No comments: