Monday, January 14, 2008

fabric scraps


Remember those fabric pieces I stitched together? Well, I decided to cut them up into ATC size (2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches) and make Valentines with them. First, let me tell you a secret about how I collected these bits of fabrics. At Joanne's in the upholstery and finer fabric section there are racks with rolls of fabrics. When the new Joanne's opened they always had little plastic holders with scraps from each roll as samples. I started collecting two color palettes. One of sea colors, and the other - a group of reds. These are from my red stash. Each time I go to Joanne's I cruise the fabric aisles and pick up a few at a time. I never would have had any of these if it weren't for my "secret" source. Now, you know and you can start your own collections. My local Joanne's is not as generous as they were, they don't do all the rolls, only a few. But some days they put out bigger scraps - maybe as big as 5 inches square. Here are some of the results.

No comments: