Thursday, January 17, 2008

More Valentine themed projects



Using more of the red scraps from Joanne's - I pieced together a 12 x 12 inch square backed by a piece of heavy weight paper. Why? I don't know. The machine was there, the paper was there, the fabric was there. What can I say? First I thought I'd cut it up into atc sizes pieces, but then it occurred to me that it would make a nice book cover by folding it in half. That way the inside cover would be just as beautiful as the outside. I plan to put pages into it that will follow the theme and hold pockets for my favorite Valentines.

The Valentine Paper dolls are for a swap. They will soon be finished off with some more trims and be off to the swap hostess and I'll never see them again. I wonder where they will go? In turn I will receive three others picked by the swap hostess. This is such a fun way to see other people's art and to share what I love to do. Many of the online art groups through Yahoo have swaps of all kinds of art projects. It's a lot of fun - and always surprising!

No comments: