Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day


Labor Day weekend has come and gone. A trip to the country for a few days, some yard sales, a book sale, a barbeque, Bingo, riding in the golf cart, taking long walks with Buddy. That was how I spent it. Weather was near perfect. And it was extra fun because there were friends around. I worked in the Nature Altered Book, but I'm not ready to show it yet.

At the booksale I bought a book on Headaches, which is a theme I had planned to pursue in an altered book. So, since I got home I am collecting my headache images!

I took a writing class this a.m. It will meet weekly at local community college - a senior activity. The others in the class are returnees, and so it seems they are miles ahead of me. I'm not sure I"ll stick it out, but since I consider writing is one of my weak areas, I really should bite the bullet and see what I can learn.

I finished off lots of art things for the fall shows. So, now I have a little extra time to play. yesterday I worked in the garden for hours and have it looking spiffy again. It had been looking pretty sad and wilted in some places and overgrown and haggard in others.

These are a couple new ATCs I made last week.

No comments: