Friday, December 19, 2008

A day in Pleasant Hill


Taking advantage of a bright sunny day in a week of mostly rain or fog - I went to visit my friend Jill, who is recently out of the hospital with a scary illness. We went to see her horse, who is mad at her for being gone awhile - did you know that horses can pout? Jill moved her from the stable to a fenced ring so she could have some sunshine too. I loved her purple blanket. Then we went to lunch at Jill's favorite Italian restaurant, and I had one of the best pasta dishes imaginable.
I didn't stay long, as she was tired and needed a nap before work.

Late in the afternoon the dogs and I went to the dog park where we ran into Bonnie and Atwood - mutual friends of Jills. In fact, Jill took Bonnie to pick up Atwood at the airport when she adopted him. We had a good visit and the dogs had a wonderful run. We were all bundled up like skiers - even with the sun out, it was bitey cold.

No comments: