Saturday, January 3, 2009

Headaches: an altered book


My latest altered book is almost done. The structure of the book made me redo some of it and rethink the rest. This is a book with signatures where the pages are glued in. They don't take much tugging to pull them apart. So, while I was adding fabrics, glues, images and quotes, it got thicker and the pages just started pulling out when I turned the pages. Okay, maybe it was too ambitious to think I could use all these images. It sort of self-edited! Or my muse, Lollie stepped in and took it over. Now I have only a few pages that are still glued in and a h andful of thicker pages that need to be inserted. That's the problem. How to get them to stay in. I don't want to open up the binding and drill holes or anything. I'm hoping the gel medium will hold them in - but if they don't then I'll have to think of something else. Too bad it happened after the paints and glues and images were applied. This really complicates things. It has turned into another headache!

No comments: