Monday, April 13, 2009

New version of the Graduate



Here are a couple shots of work in progress. I'm much happier with these colors! I'm finding that by photographing the piece and looking at it on the screen, I can see things I want to change. - like the teacher atop the mortar board - he's too distinct, so will have to be layered back some. Same thing with the people and back of the schoolhouse on lower left. Need to knock them back a notch or two also. I think I've broken up the edge of the inner image to much now with adding so much to lower left. Hmmmm..... Problem solving. That's what it's about at this point. Tweaking and playing and making sure the original thought is still there. The quote I have not used yet is "Only the educated are free." Which if I recall correctly, is Epiticus. Using the computer this way makes it another artist tool I'm learning to take advantage of.

No comments: