Monday, December 13, 2010

Fa la la la la..... tis the season to be busy

Oh my! A holiday boutique at the gallery in Lodi with the pottery league, a tea with the mixed media group in Sacramento, a visit to the cat shelter in Sac, the Stamper's Corner shop in Elk Grove and then the beautiful exhibit of over 500 nativity sets at the Mormon church in El Grove all in one day. One exhausting day. What was I thinking?

The pottery was outstanding and the other mixed media artists had beautiful things to sell. It was a single day show and I have not heard how they did. I picked out a couple presents for ME. Pottery. somethings i can't do myself.

The tea was lovely as ever, it's an annual tradition with this group. The most charming setting and good company, tasty foods, and hot teas and a Christmas gift exchange. Delightful.

The cat shelter is where Sally volunteers once a week. She is a cat person. I"m not, but I enjoyed seeing them and appreciate how they are caring for the lovely animals while trying to find forever homes for them. Sally knows each cat by name. But she has favorites too. She has two beautiful black and white tuxedo cats at home so can't take more herself (husband objects to adding more). I'm glad I had a chance for this quick visit, as she talks about it a lot and I could not visualize it.

Stampers Corner had a special event with the new Hero Arts catalog and inventory coming out. We had to go check it out. I found a few special Christmas papers and two stamps that I added to my collection.

Then, the highlight of the day was the exhibit at the Mormon church. Sally had worked on putting it on, having one room decorated with red and gold as her project. Over 500 nativity sets are shown at this 3 day annual event. Every size, shape and material. Of course there are some duplicates, but spread in different rooms they just add to the grandeur and are testaments to the popularity of the Christian tradition.

After all this, I still had a long ride home alone in the dark on the freeway, accompanied by public radio. And when I got home I was greeted by three very lonely hungry dogs who could not decide whether to jump all over me or run to the food cupboard. it was a good day.

No comments: