Saturday, December 11, 2010

More mail art going out





I am having such a blast making and receiving mail art. I wonder why it lost popularity a few years ago. I'm hoping to revive it, and in my own little circle it is working. No one takes it very seriously, and it is quick and easy. And RAKs (Random Acts of Kindness) make people smile. I'm smiling when I send them, the post office smiles and looks at them on the way, and the person receiving one usually has a brighter day with a simple little gesture of friendship, like a smile. This is a smile by mail, or even a hug. I'm sending off another batch on Wednesday. I like to mail them in Acampo. There's no line, the postal lady is so interested in it, and is such a nice friendly person, and I know they get special handling. It only takes 28 cents worth of postage to mail one if they are under one ounce and not thick with things hanging off them. So, it's a much more doable thing than sending out decos and waiting for years sometimes to get them returned. My friend Bobbi recently got one back that had been out and about for five years. It had traveled to Europe and back. Ihave a hunch it was stuck in someones art room, buried under layers of papers and "stuff". anyway, here are a few more that I"ve done recently. I even made my Christmas cards as post cards this year. LOL

No comments: