Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cold day in the gallery

The problem with opening the gallery on Tuesdays, is that it's been closed since previous Saturday. And in the winter it means the cold has set into the building. My friend Bobbi was with me today. The company was good but there was no business. At least we had time to chat with one another and the few gallery members who stopped by. I sure wish we'd get some sunshine and warm temperatures so I could thaw out.

The January show is hung and there is some really nice art in it. Francis Scott is the featured artist and she's a good friend of mine. Her work is in oils or wood carvings, with a western theme. Cowboys and Indians, horses and cattle. She is amazing and very productive. I had plenty of time to admire all the new works hanging there and thought it looked good. Joyce Costa had a new piece hanging in the gallery, by far the best things she's ever done. And totally unlike anything else I've seen her do. Congrats Joyce. I'd vote it best of show if I were judging the gallery work this month. Keep up the good work.

No comments: