Monday, January 31, 2011

Worries galore



Several of my very good friends are facing medical challenges right now. Pat H. who got me started in mail art, ATCs, Decos, and the Sacramento Mixed Media Group had surgery today for a serious condition. I've been sending healing thoughts and prayers her way all day. Then I heard my other friend Pat S. had another vertabrae fracture. Pat ( showing her tea cupboard assemblage) has seven grown sons and is an ablosulte delight. Very talented and funny. She just had one vertebrae cemented/repaired recently and now this one. It's very painful and they want to wait to fix it so she will have to bear a few more days of agony. More healing thoughts and prayers headed her way. Any my dear art friend Jackie had a lung collapse and worse. Jackie (holding paper doll) and I often collaborate on art projects. She is an amazing artitst, very original and spontaneous. She is in my thoughts constantly, as we used to email at least once a day, often several short notes popping back and forth through cyberspace. She has been in the hospital for over a week now. I'll never get anything done with all these things on my mind.

The good news is the sun came out yesterday afternoon after a light storm front passed through. And the fog didn't cover it today. Forecast is for sun for several days. I wish my friends could enjoy it with me. Nikki was actually running around wagging her tail like mad when she saw the sun was on her favorite spot on the sofa. She's been moping around just like me. We like sun and we like warm. Haven't had either for days and days. Lulu doesn't care about the weather. I think the little Cairn terrier part of her comes from a rugged place with bad weather. She is such a sturdy little sprite. And Buddy, well, he prefers mild temperatures, hates the heat, hates the cold. But since he spends most of his days sleeping away his old age, he really doesn't get very cold. He crawls under a little blanket on his bed. Until he hears the food cupboard open and then he's right there jumping and standing on his back legs. It's a circus at my house when it's feeding time. I'm trying to teach Lulu to pick up the three dishes and hand them to me. She does it, but it requires a lot of coaching. And while we are doing that, the other two are dashing around us and jumping on me.

My brother Bob and his wife Kris had to cancel their Egypt trip. They were to leave CA on the 14th. Maybe they'll find another location as they are packed and ready. I know they are disappointed as they had really looked forward to this incredible journey.

I did get out and buy more pansies, oregano, and primroses today. I might plant on Wednesday as tomorrow it my day at the gallery. Hope the sun stays shinging.

1 comment:

:Diane said...

Oh, good idea, plant pansies and enjoy an early spring day. We had one of those last week but then the rain and fog came back. A nice day can certainly perk up your attitude when situations out of your control get you down. And those silly dogs... they are good for some comic relief.

:Diane