Sunday, February 26, 2012

British Movie Day


Some of my local artsy friends are meeting today at Jean's house/theater for another Brit film festival. Today we will be seeing Waking Ned Devine. I can't wait to see how they like it. I've seen if dozens of times and never get tired of it. They will be laughing their heads off. A couple posts earlier, I posted the link to this film. If you missed it before, I really recommend it! I give it an 11 out of possible 10. David Kelley was perfectly cast. He can do as much with a glance or look, as most actors can with a lot of dialogue. His face is amazing. This is the role I'll remember him for. His friendship with the other lead male(played by Ian Bannen), is the kind of friendship you wish men would have in their lives. I see it in my women friends, but that kind of closeness is rare (in my experience) among men friends. It's warm and fuzzy and funny.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Janene, this is one of my top ten favorites!!! I love everything about it! Even had to go and get the soundtrack :-) It's a great story, well told and well acted!