Monday, February 20, 2012

A trip to the beach




Some of my art pals and I took off for a few days at the beach. Bev had three gals stay at her place, and I had three staying with me and the dogs. We had a great time. The gals walked my dogs for miles on the beach. The longest walk they have ever taken. I stayed home and baked a big fruit crumble with apples, pears and cranberries. Then a bunch of baked potatos to take to Bev's for the evening pot luck. we had great food, everyone having contributed something delicious. Baked salmon was the hostess's contribution - so I had some seafood. The next day Rosemary and I had an art day with the gals at Bevs, while Cat and Gin went roaming around the county shopping and getting lost. Here are some pics. On one of our walks we peeked in the window at the community center and the gals waved us in to see Jane Amaral's talk on dividing perennials. Lots of my plants in my garden originally came from Jane. It was good to see her again, and Cindy, who has been chairing the summer and holiday art shows in this little town. This is the show that my aunt founded more than 30 years ago. Now Cindy is not well and cannot continue. We are concerned that another capable volunteer may be hard to find.

The sunset was taken from just outside the sliding doors at Bev's. The other beach scene is from the cliff overlooking La Selva's beach. The little store is the hub of the community. Fresh deli sandwiches, all kinds of fresh brewed coffees, free recycled books, groceries, wine, post office, all in one tiny little building.

It's always hard to leave La Selva. This time with the dogs along, I didn't have to worry about them. They loved it. All kinds of new smells, a whole back yard to explore, lots of people willing to walk them and plenty of laps to sit on. It was a good trip.

1 comment:

:Diane said...

So good to hear you had a great time with friends and the pups. Life is to be savored.
:Diane