Saturday, July 16, 2016

Mission garden

It has been said that we should carry pictures in our minds of happy peaceful places.   So if you are at the dentists office or waiting at dmv for your number to come up - you can take yourself to this private happy place. It helps settle the nerves.    For my dad it was Alaska.    He often slipped away to his happy place when things got noisy and hectic.    

The Carmel Mission grounds are one of my happy places.  Its sheltered and feels sacred.     If I lived close by Id be one of the volunteers to tend the gardens.  

The photo on the left us one I just found as I was sorting through studio things.   I thought I'd take myself to this happy place by painting it for my breakfast sketch. Its still wet and I have done no details yet.      its a start.

No comments: