Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Altered books update




City of Bones is done, done, done. Photos will be posted soon. I started the Headaches book awhile back and set it aside while I worked on this one. So, I most likely will pick it up and finish it off. Having this extra time by not doing the arts and crafts shows this fall has made all this progress possible. And it even gave me time to experiment with using wax in the book. I like the look and it was so easy I'm kicking myself for not using it before. I knew a more difficult way to use it with a pot and brushes, but one of the gals in the Sac group (thanks Yoli) posted her way of using wax which is sooooo easy I could not resist trying it. Basically, its just heat some of the beeswax and let it drip on the page, then use a heat tool to move it around until you get the coverage you want. Then I buffed it with an old sock.

The Nature inspired Altered book is finished also. Last little touches done. Here are some pics. There are about 25 spreads and then a tin box mounted inside back cover which contains little tins with nature treasures that I'll be adding to.

Nikki is learning the WAIT command using a single index finger pointing up. And the Shake Hands command offering her my hand upturned. We gave up on High Five command because the hand signal too closely resembled the STAY command, so whenever I wanted her to stay she'd rush over and slap my palm with her paw. Now I have to train me! to use the proper signal and the right command.

Life at the dog park is more and more interesting. It was really crowded today as the sun was out and it was a perfect day for a pet outing. We go almost every day, and see different people all the time, with only a few that show up at the same time we do each time. It's lots of fun for dogs and owners alike. And Candis goes with us and often brings Pokey, one of her family's dogs.

No comments: