Friday, November 21, 2008

Wackos have birthdays!





Today we celebrated Sally's and Pat's birthdays. We won't mention the ages, but we are not Spring chicks. Here are some pics. Char made the birthday pendant swag which we will use at all the b'day celebrations. There were a lot of gifts exchanged, many of them hand made. Of course these lead to a lot of discussion of the techniques used. Char's fairy in a wine glass with wired sculptured effect on the top was great. She used a photos of Pat's granddaughter as the face. And she made a paper weight with an image she had altered and put it in a decorated box for Sally. Rosemary made an ID card for Sally that looked like a driver's license, but had a very clever twist with the photo and the text. Such a cool idea we'll all be copying it. The picture of the file folder and gift box were ones I covered for Sally who is a cat lover. We had some show and tell - Sally had a whole bunch of new books she had made at classes and on her own, and I shared the City of Bones altered book. One picture is of Rosemary looking at it. I know I'm forgetting a lot of what we saw, please forgive me friends. You probably dont' remember everything either. After a three hour lunch we moved on to the new Michael's store for browsing and buying. It was a wonderful afternoon.

1 comment:

Chaska Peacock said...

I would have been so happy in Oakdale if only I could have known some whackos!:-) I found Oakdale to me depressingly and rigidly "white bread". I used to drive to the East Bay for relief from an environment which was suffocating. Maybe, it was I who was "off"......but, if I'd only known folks like you......
Chaska