Sunday, November 9, 2008

November set in

Can you believe it's already the 9th of November? This week sped by. The critique group met in Sacramento on Wednesday and I came away full of new ideas and enthusiasm for the Altered book I'm working on. Since then I have put many hours into it and by tomorrow night it will be finished. Yesterday there was a Wearable Art show in Sacramento and Sally and I went. It was fun and very interesting. We may participate next year with a booth to sell some of the things we make that were not in evidence there. Who knows what this year will bring?

We make daily trips to the dog park. I decided Nikki is part Jack Russell Terrier, as she can keep up with them and even outrun some of them. And she jumps like a JRT. She just looks like a long legged, long bodied chihuahua. But it's a disguise. I'm convinced. While I was gone the other day she got on the kitchen counter and walked off with the Brillo pad. Thank goodness she didn't eat it! I've got to be so careful what I leave around. Nothing is safe! She's very sly and notes where I put interesting things. Then later, she'll try to find a way to get them. Thank goodness she won't be puppy forever! She's my little darling and sweet as pie. Just young and foolish! And dear old Buddy is feeling so much friskier with his youthful companion. He no longer cries while I'm gone. I am really so blessed by having my two pets.

No comments: