Monday, November 2, 2009

Art at the Senior Center


Some of my art friends paint at the Senior Center on Monday mornings. for the first time in months, I had time to join them. They have 15 or so people who drop in and work on their own things. Gloria is there to help anyone who needs her expertise. Jean is there working on watercolors, and Francis is working in oils. John and David work in acrylics. I had my collage and acrylics. Most of the others work in acrylics - traditional styles. It's a friendly group, parking is close and more than adequate. The room is a bit small for that size group - but overall I was very favorably impressed. I'll go again whenever I can. I'm not going to the Delta college art classes this semester. Parking adds up to half and hour of driving around hoping to find a spot in walking distance. By the time I find one I am so frustrated and antsy - and then have the long walk carrying art gear. It's just too much trouble. I'm glad this other option is open. Another week I'll go to the other Senior Center and check out their space and facilities. In the meantime I have a new local place to hang out and make art. This piece is done now - please pardon the lighting, it's in the frame behind glass now.

No comments: