Sunday, November 22, 2009

Starting an Art Journal



Roberta keeps an art journal, Jackie does too, Sally, Krissi, and now Pat all do - why don't I? I love theirs, they seem so fresh and imaginative. So, I am using a composition notebook that I covered with fabric and am starting from zilch. I found a stack of images I had set aside at one time for the mushroom book that I made, and they had not found their own way into the files, so I thought I'd start by using them up in the journal. My goodness this is fun. No theme, no expectations, no pressure. Just playing around like with a practice altered book, only in this cheapo notebook. While my bread is baking and the soup is stewing away on the stove, it's a nice way to spend some time on a cold day. Here are a couple of pages. They could have been in an altered book just as well. The other photos can be seen here. One of these pictures is a closeup of one section of a page, with a poem I wrote prior to making the Mushroom book. The text of the new poem reads: Let me a silent mushroom be. No words profound will come from me. No songs, no trills, no whistles in the night. Just a silent soul with a cap of white. copyright Janene Ford 2009

No comments: