Sunday, November 8, 2009

Topsy Turvy


My whole house is topsy turvy today. I'm switching things around room to room. The living room is now on the South, and I'm sleeping there too. It's very cosy and gets all the South facing sun, plus the sunsets from the West. At this time of year when it gets dark so early - the additional hour or so of sun makes a huge difference in my life. At my annual physical last week, the doctor remarked on my suntan. I'm in the sun a lot. Gardening, dog park, walking. All good healthy things. My grandsons did my heavy moving for me yesterday and we have a couple more things to move today. My son took a load of things to the dump from his back yard and things I needed to have go. That was such a help. We moved the BIG table into the old LR, and took apart the pedestal bed to make a banquet for the dogs to sleep in the sun, and for seating at the table. Now I can do huge jigsaw puzzles, large artworks, or feed 8-10 people, or make art with them. How fun this will be. This table pulls out to twice it's size. It's very ingenius. And yet, it is not so heavy that I can't move it a bit for cleaning.

While all this moving was going on, it gave me a chance to do a really good vacuuming of undersides and even inside furniture. I didn't know how much dust had collected there until things moved away from the walls!!! It was awful. No dust bunnies here. Dust elephants and dust dinosaurs, sleeping under dust blankets.

Several Motrin later, and a good night's sleep in the new room, on the new bed - well the day looks bright and I can see the end in sight. Now, to go do it.

No comments: