Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DaVinci Revisited takes first in Lodi show


My friend Francis loved this piece when she first saw it and said I should enter it into a show somewhere. It was actually her pushing me that got me started showing my work locally. I didn't go to the awards event last night because I wasn't feeling good yesterday - too much stress from moving the house around, most likely - and the Elks Club boutique looming ahead this weekend. So, I stayed in, but Jean and Francis went. Jean called this a.m. to let me know that it took first place in Mixed Media. One of the things that doesn't really show on the screen is the texture of the piece. I painted and collaged over another painting I didn't like. It was one with a DaVinci image on it originally, so that's why I gave it the title I chose. I'm posting another pic of it here. I'm celebrating another win in another gallery. My advice for you younger artists is - don't wait until you are in your 70's to start showing your work. Get it out there! Who knows? You might just have a masterpiece or two sitting there in your studios.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Congratulations, Janene! This is a VERY cool piece, and I wish I could see it in person too, to take in all the detail and texture! I love the old world colors...very deep and rich. You are a great example to one's like me, who are starting out on this art journey...your willingness to explore, discover, and share, really gives us the encouragement to do the same!
Congratulation, my friend!

Roberta

Rachel Murphree said...

Janene -- this is gorgeous! Congratulations! WOO HOO!

Rachel