Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Art Playtime




Diane of the Sac Mixed Media group brought in samples of papers she created using National Geographic magazines and CitraSolv concentrate, a cleaning agent sold at some health food stores.
What it does is saturates the inks and takes them back to a liquid, so when the pages are pressed together the inks run and smear and bubble up and do fantastic things. The CitraSolv web site has an artist section with directions how to do this. My one addition is - if you use the product, puncture only a tiny pinhole or two in the foil cap because it comes out faster than you expect. Here are only a few pictures of some papers I can now use in collages that I made with this method. Pardon the dark shadows - I was on my deck. This is a technique that needs to be done outside. The fumes are a bit on the strong side, and it's drippy and messy. If you have not tried it and like seredipitous experimentation - you gotta give it a go. Thanks Diane for showing us your samples, it's just what I needed to get me enthused. I'd seen pics online before but they don't show well. You have to see it in person.

No comments: