Saturday, March 27, 2010

Inland again





Whew, that was a quick trip to the beach. I gave a talk on altered books to an art class there put on by the Santa Cruz County Recreation program. Great class, interesting and interested people. This was a get away for art pals, and we had the advantage this time of having another house to stay in. One of the art gals has a house within a mile or two of our family place, and three of the gals stayed there, while my best pal stayed with me. Neither of us were feeling really good to start out, she's been sick for the last week, and I've been plagued with mouth issues. I'm on antibiotics and will have oral surgery on Monday. Just a pesky, tricky wisdom tooth and the roots of two other molars that snapped off. Doesn't sound like much fun does it? I stocked up on sorbets today and expect to be miserable a few days - then all should be well again. I'm signed up to work at the gallery on Friday, so that's all the time I'm planning on being incapacitated. Picture is the view from Bev's place at the beach. Yes, that's the ocean out there. We managed to squeeze in some good eating, shopping, art work, and fellowship. It was great. We came home feeling much better than we did when we started out - unlike my friends who travel abroad and come back only to be sick for a week or more. I like lots of little vacations. It works for me.

No comments: