Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring in the garden


Mid-March and the garden is blooming. Just a few things to start, but soon there'll be much more. I planted more pansies, orange wallflowers and white cosmos. Here and there a little white alyssum and more johnny jump ups. And strawberries and spinach. It's been warm and sunny now for several days in a row and it feels so good to be able to open up the doors and windows and let the freshness inside.

Right now I'm battling an infected wisdom tooth and accompanying side effects from meds. My pals and I are headed to the beach for a few days and when we return I am scheduled for oral surgery. I'm cutting egg shaped accordian books for the art pals to work on at the beach. Tuesday will give an altered book talk at the club house. Then play for a few days.

I've been busy hemming the curtains for my son's motor home. And did my time at the gallery in Lodi this week. Got a haircut. Not much else of note. Today I hope to get out to the big art show at the winery. The boys will go with me to see how it looks hanging. And just for a nice little outing. They were so helpful on judging day, they feel a little connection to the group now. Artwise, I sent off a bunch of bookmarks for a swap, and made 40 color copies of a steampunk piece for another swap. I used the steampunk collage I'd done, inverted the color, pumped up the saturation a bit, and printed on a cream colored cardstock.

No comments: