Monday, September 13, 2010

How do you feel about fall?

Deb over at her blog expresses my feeling about the change of season so well, I decided to post the link here so you can read her words. I've been feeling fall sneaking up on us with the days getting shorter and the shadows getting longer. Even Lulu's coat is a bit thicker on her sides. A friend reported that she saw geese heading South. Go over and visit Deb and see how she is handling it.
In case you haven't looked back at my homage to fall from last year, here's a quick link back to my falling leaves/skydivers.

1 comment:

sannasartmind said...

Sorry to hear about the funeral Janene, hate em myself, but they are as much a part of life as being born. To me Fall is like dieing. Aneat allagory of it though. It's like dieing but not being dead quite yet. The leaves change colors and butterflies hatch still the monarch start flights to Mexico. Things leave for the colder months like bird and old people so they wont die. The trees turn magnificant colors and the weather is not too hot or cold. It helps us to except what is coming. After such a hot summer winter might feel kind of nice. Kind of like if you are really old or have suffered a lot when you are dieing, the final act wont seem so bleek. I 've always loved all the season but Fall and Spring are my favs. Winter is ok except for the driving. Summer has it's bennifits but I hate the heat when it's blistering. So Fall and Spring are the wake up calls for what is to come and I love the art I can find in them. Coarse I see art everywhere and all year round but fall in NH is really bursting with color. The apples are reading for pickn and apple cider and leaves for jumpin into. I love pumpkin patches and pumpkin pickin and I have a wicked sweet tooth so candy corns are a fav of mine too! What's not to like about Fall really other then the rag weed? My inhaler helps some years I need it others not so much. This years a wheezy one. I still love a nice walk through a crispy crunchy leaf riden forest floor though Bugs are gine and the smell of the earth is wonderful! Time to start fires in the fireplace and school begins! Aaaah what mother doesn't love the return of school? Hugs, Sanna