Saturday, August 27, 2011

Another post, another week slipped by



well, it didn't exactly slip, it sped by. Monday was spent with friend Marilyn who had oral surgery in the a.m. I hung around to make sure she was sure footed and able to manage on her own. She's a real trouper. We had a great visit, it's so seldom either of us sits down long enough to have a good chat. She shared some of her wonderfully sweet, juicy fresh peaches. I'm having one every morning on my cereal. Yummm... Tuesday was my day to sit at the gallery, and while I was there several friends/artists popped in. I also had some private time there to carve three new rubber stamps. Two clowns and one that says MAIL ART. My copy of Cloth Paper Scissors came and wouldn't you know, they want people who handcarve stamps to send in images. I'm going to do just that.

Wednesday I painted with the senior group and it was really an interesting morning. One of my good friends got into an argument with the gal across the table and it got so heated that the other gal left to cool off. I'm sure she was trying to avoid overstressing, and needed to calm herself down. When she returned, my friend apologized. I did quite a bit of work through all this on my new fisherboy piece.

Thursday was the day for the Lodi Mixed Media Group. Patti showed the group how to make boxes from just about anything. I didn't even try. They had to be folded in multiple ways, and I just cannot do that kind of thing. Can't wrap my head around it. so, I worked in my Steampunk altered book. Then we all sat around at the pizza place and chatted for another hour or more. It was so nice and relaxing.

Friday was the day the artwork was due at the Stockton Art League for jurying into an upcoming art show. I took in my new piece "On with the dance" and also the 3 dimensional Alice meets the Internet, which has never been shown in this town. I first had to finish the painting/collage. I added another dancing figure to upper left side, refined a few red lines, and readjusted the position of the mat, which required me to repaint part of the arches so they would line up properly. And wouldn't you know? I forgot to take pics. Between paperwork, packing things up and getting them out to the car and off to the gallery - it was a hectic morning .

Most of the afternoon was spent working on mailing (emails) to my old high school group. We are planning a reunion, and I'm in the middle of the mailing, as I am list mom for the online group. I have the mailing lists of the people who didn't join the online group too, and it's all divided up alphabetically so I have to email to subgroups. Then try to figure out who has changed emails, and who's dead! Not funny! We lost several people this year. And many are not well enough to travel now. But, those that can are looking forward to getting together. I don't think I'll know more than two people! But, I"m going anyway. I hope I remember them.

Now it's Saturday and my solarium is done, except for the last painting edges. I've been sittting out there every evening because it's cooler than inside. It overlooks my secret garden. Our weather is now in the 90's, and today will be upper 90s and tomorrow over 100. Just the time to be outthere in the evenings. I'll be sitting with my little furry friends listening to Garrison Keillor tonite and enjoying a little delta breeze watching the sun go down. I really look forward to that time of day. It's also when I brush my dogs, so they look forward to this time too.

Lulu is growing her winter coat now. All of a sudden it's much longer and fuller. Even old Buddy is getting a thicker coat. Nikki is chihuahua so she hardly has a coat. But she stands there ready for a light brushing cause it feels good.

Now, I'm ready to start my day. Have a good weekend.

No comments: