Thursday, August 18, 2011

A day of play



Modesto was the destination for a group of us to meet at Pam's new apartment. It's a smaller space, but let me tell you she uses every inch to her advantage by strategic and unusual placement of furiture and spaces. It was charming, and a very fun day, which I really needed. We sipped sparkling cider and nibbled on pound cake while chatting away the morning. Rosemary and Gin both made little bird feet, described on the book art blog, inspired by Jackie. You can see the pics on that blog as well. Then we went to lunch and checked out a couple shops, then drove to Pam's special prayer garden at her church. People have spaces there, where they can plant and care gardens in memory of loved ones. Pam has two spaces, across from each other. It was hot by then so we didn't spend a lot of time there, but I can tell you it is a lovely place, a tranquil place, and one that she loves dearly. Living in an apartment and being a gardener at heart, it gives her a space where she can create, and dig, and putter. You can see how well it is tended. Here are the girls there.


The other pic is of the Halloween display at Keller's in McHenry Village. It's the first H display I've seen this year. But, I don't shop a lot. It's probably all over the place and I just haven't seen it.

2 comments:

Chris Flynn said...

Hi Janene... I am so touched by your postings for Jackie... I read all the way back to the start of your friendship. Thank you for sharing what true, deep, soul sister friendship is all about.

Also enjoyed your pics from last spring's visit to the coast. Let me know when you're coming next time... we can meet for lunch?

Nice to feel connected again!
Sweet Blessings, Chris (BCAntiques)

janene said...

Hi Chris. Thanks for your comment. I always try to see you when we get to Boulder Creek. We always stop by the antique collective and buy things for our art or gardens. Or gifts. It's one of our favorite stops. We just always seem to miss you. I'll try to connect before we arrive next time. It will be fun. Janene