Sunday, May 13, 2007

Art techniques and deco



The deco page shown is for Jackie's deco which is being circulated in MMANC group. The theme is Mysteries.

The ATC backgrounds are for a gesso technique swap in arttechniquesatcs online group. I started with watercolor paper, painted it with Dick Blick gesso and turquoise acrylic craft paint. Then layered on pieces of Book of Knowledge, ca 1908. I peeled some of the paper off and then used what I had peeled off to add another layer with gel medium. I used corregated box piece as a stamp to make the grid pattern. I dry brushed gesso and more turquoise paint, and finally sprayed with gold web spray by Krylon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love "Mysterious"...so much to look at. Thanks!!!!!!

Katherine R. Willson said...

Your ATC backgrounds are GORGEOUS - thanks so much for explaining how you did them. :)
Katherine R. Willson
Ann Arbor, MI
http://moonswings.wordpress.com