Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Mountains called, I went


I've been away from the art scene for several days. Went to mountain retreat where I spent my first overnight. Except for the walk I took in the middle of the night with my dog Suzie (who insisted she just had to go right now), I was wonderfully comfortable. It's starting to look like "my place". I cooked, ran the power, figured out the dvd and vcr with alternate power converter, and took lots of walks. Weather went from cold nights to hot days.

I have to go get a bird feeder before I go up again. I could not coax any birds to my dish of sunflower seeds. Not even the squirrels were interested. I found just the right spot to put it so I can see it from inside.

Today, for some strange reason, I decided to summerize my closet - which means sorting and tossing things I don't want to hold over for next fall - and getting my summer stuff close at hand. I'm actually running the air conditioner today. Last week I had to put on an extra blanket at night. Tonite will be a no blanket night for sure.

Bob and Kris are returning Thursday from China. Matt and Christina and kids are headed on a cruise later in the week. Doug and Sheri put on a birthday bbq at Lake Lahonton for DJ's 13th birthday.

I'm going back to work on my closet some more. It's too hot to carry the bags downstairs until evening.

No comments: