Sunday, February 10, 2008

Art Workshop with Ann Baldwin





I was fortunate to share a wonderful workshop experience with my good friends Jackie, Sally and Roberta, and online friends Susan and Sherre at Ann Baldwins lovely studio. Here are some pics.

I am very intrigued by Ann's layering technique and how the layers add depth and interest. This is why I wanted to take the workshop. I'm not brave enough yet to do more than a couple layers, but I'll work my way up to hiding more and adding more layers.

2 comments:

Val F. said...

I LOVE your bird collage. Especially all the layers and depth to it. I find layering difficult, mainly because I don't like covering things up. But that's what must be done, in order to layer. Good layering is very impressive, as is your bird collage. Hopefully, someday I'll learn how to layer like that, and get past my fear of covering things up.

Mary S. Hunt said...

ann is another great inpirer i admire her teaching skills...you have a fine example taken from her class!