Friday, May 8, 2009

Dancing the happy dance, but holding on to a chair.




Good news. I took first place in the Lathrop Art Show mixed media division for "Only the educated are free" piece. I called to tell them I'm not feeling well and can't be at the reception tonite, and they gave me the news over the phone. I'm having an inner ear problem, so it's hard to be upright - I get dizzy and nauseous. But, I'm thrilled at winning this particular show. Both of these wins were with fresh new works done especially for each show. Is this making a difference? It must be. Or, the mixed media works are being more widely accepted. I'm really proud of both of these works, and so I really cared about winning acceptance so they could be shown. Whoopeeeee!!!!!

You have seen the pics of the progress of this piece as I worked and reworked it. so, rather than bore you with another picture of it, here's a chocolate treat, just for you. you can celebrate with me. I've been getting emails and hear you want to see the photo on this post, so I'm adding it now.

1 comment:

:Diane said...

Thanks for the chocolate! Congratulations on the win. Hooray for you!
Sorry you are in the vertigo camp. Hope it goes away soon. Allergies, maybe?