Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Painting update - again


I'm still working on the patriotic piece. Today I found some wonderful images online that I will use for collage on it. I contacted the photographers and got their permissions to use the photos, so it is looking better and better. I painted out the background becaue the flag image sort of got lost on it, and I've added more people alongside the flag. the new images are sitting on the piece - not glued down yet. I'm still saving some finishing touches to do at the senior awareness event on Thursday. I'll do more with colored pencils that day also. the photo of the scout holding the folded flag is by David Blumenkrantz. The photos of the signs with words from the pledge of allegiance, were taken by Steven Depolo. I haven't been able to reach the photographer who took the soldier saluting in lower center. I'll go back and try again and at least I can credit him for the photo here.

No comments: