Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What's up?




I've been to the mts twice since last post. Past weekend son and grandsons came along and did a power wash on the trailer and raked pine needles and oak leaves. They also dragged up some things from home that I wanted on the deck there, including some potted plants. Mostly succulents and geraniums that I wont' miss if something eats them. i'll just plant more. It makes it very homey to have them there to fuss over. The place looks wonderful. Nikki still gets carsick. I'll try her on a little dose of Bonine next trip.

We met some new friends up there. Dennis and his little Yorkie pup, BoBo. We walked the dogs together, and everytime BoBo escaped from Dennis' place, he headed right to my place to play with my dogs. Little dog is like a tiny tornado, so full of energy and bounce. And the cutest little ears that stick straight up! I've got to take his picture this weekend. Neighbor on the other side, Rea, was over for a nice visit also. She loves BoBo and wants one just like him.

Yesterday Bev drove her husband's big van and brought Rosemary and Nancy for a day of thrift store plummaging. We had a blast. And of course, I bought another table. Last week Nancy bought the cutest little child's table with the seat inside, wooden with folding legs. She promised to send a picture. My table is a miracle table. Italian, glass top, blonde wood with chrome legs. Two wood framed glass tops that slide out from the center and pop into place to make one long glass top which can easily seat 6 people. It's gorgeous. Cost me $34.57 with my senior discount. We all bought books to alter. I have some fun new titles to work with and will take them to the country to work on. I have the whole summer ahead for playing around. We also bought more stuff for assemblages, which is what I plan to do a lot of this summer also. And I got a few audio books on cassettes to listen to while I work in the screen house studio.

I just got a cell phone - finally convinced I should have one again. this time it is a prepaid one so I have no monthly charges and enough minutes paid for to last the full year or more. Now, I have to figure out how to use it.

No comments: