Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Old friends meet





I had the nicest experience yesterday, meeting with a friend I had not seen since 1953. Yes, that was 1953. More than 50 years ago. She and another friend found me online last year, and we finally found a free date that we could meet. Pat (I still think of her as Patsy) looked wonderful and we chatted and giggled about old times. She's the one I got in trouble with for giggling during a church sermon. We got so carried away we could not stop and had to leave. Well, we were about 12 or 13. You know how it is at that age. We caught up with each other's lives a bit, but mostly we tried to remember names of people we used to know back then, and things we used to do. We asked the hostess at the restaurant to take our photo and I was going to put it up here, but it was not a flattering photo at all. I swear in person Pat can pass for 50 any day, she looks fantastic. But the photo made her look her real age. Maybe I can photoshop it into looking better. LOL Or next time we meet we'll take another one. I'll post a pic from church camp, 1953 here instead of our current photo. The other photo is one she had of me on the lawn looking just like my granddaughter Candis.

No comments: