Saturday, October 17, 2009

Book Arts Exhibit - mission accomplished


Book Arts Jam is over for another year. It was fantastic! So many creative people, each one passionate about their particular form of art. And the people who came to view everything were very engaged, asked a million questions, and shared some about what they do and are working on. I'll post more to the other blog tomorrow, including some pictures.

Would I do it again? Hmmmmm.... Maybe I'm getting too old for this venue. I think perhaps next year I may want to do a one hour presentation or demonstration - but as much as I loved all the interaction today, I barely had time to eat a bite now and then and take a deep breath. It was very much like being on stage all day performing. Granted, someone could do this show without this attitude, but this is me. I was living on adrenalin all day and I"ll sleep like a baby tonite. This was one of my long time goals, and now I've done it - I've shared my work with several hundred people face to face that I would not have met without being there. Well worth it all. Now for some dinner a shower and to bed early.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Your table was beautiful and all of the books just scrumptious!!!!! Beth